Wednesday, December 9, 2009

10 Reasons to wait for marriage to have sex


Remember, it is never too late to make the decision to wait and to honor God with your body. I myself am not a virgin, I did not always see the importance of waiting, but I do now! God's love, grace and revelation of his word is sufficient; I am a new creature in Him and you can be too. It is not to late!!




Anyway, I thought to write my own list of 10 reasons to wait for marriage to have sex; since nowadays it's portrayed as "unheard of". There are men and women waiting and even more can. Let me also add that sex is a BEAUTIFUL gift from God. I thank Him all the time that during the fall of man, He did not take the pleasure away from it; I am so thankful that we can still enjoy sex; God did not have to give us this pleasure, but He did!! THANK YOU JESUS!! He desires us to enjoy this wonderful gift in marriage between 1 man and 1 woman. I am looking forward to blessed and great sex with my HUSBAND in Jesus name! Wooohooo!




1) God created sex for husband and wife; no exceptions. His word is pretty clear to me.




2) I am worth the wait.




3) My husband to be is worth the wait.




4) Studies show that couples that have sex before marriage; have less sex once they get married AND have less pleasure. Studies also show that couples who wait to have sex after marriage have sex more and have more pleasure.




5) I love the Lord and I want to obey Him.




6) Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit; we were bought at a price.




7) God will use my husband and myself as models; to others.




8) Won't have sexual baggage between each other that goes into the marriage.




9) The decision to obey God and wait will not only affect myself, my husband, and our marriage; but generations will be blessed; our children, their children, cousins, uncles, aunts, friends, associates. The impact is limitless.




10) You will get to know your future mate as a friend and as a person; without additional emotions clouding your view. When you are physically involved with someone, it's harder to see things without "foggy lenses".




11) If you have self control before you get married, your chances of having self control in your marriage are higher.




12) We are fearfully and wonderfully made, we are more than our bodies and what we can offer sexually.




(I can count, I just added two bonuses). There are others, maybe I will do more posts.

1 comment: