Sunday, March 7, 2010

Your gifts make room for you... Part 2 of how have I put my singleness to work for Christ.


I marvel at the goodness of God! If we ask Him to order our steps, He will. It is amazing to me, that if we take a small step of faith, what He will do in our lives.


In 2008, I took a step of faith not knowing what was ahead of me. I started the ministry God laid on my heart; Gift of Grace School of Etiquette. I remember it so clear like it was yesterday, going to the office of taxation and assessment and opening this school by licensing it. For years, I said that I wanted to open up a school and teach Etiquette to youth. I had no idea what God had in store for me in the upcoming months and I still don't know everything for the upcoming years. He gives me piece by piece, because I believe if He were to show me all of it, I would probably be somewhat intimidated.


Similar with the ministry of dance. I must admit, it is a bit awkward with a room full of people just looking at me. However, I always had a heart to dance. When I gave my life to Christ, I had a desire to do it for Him. I remember taking that first step of faith, although nervous, to minister through dance at a women's shelter. God surrounded me by encouraging women and men of God to encourage me in pursuing my desires/dreams, because they were indeed His purpose for my life.


Through these acts of faith, God has and continues to open doors that amaze me! I am seeing Proverbs 18:16 manifest right before my eyes and it's only the beginning!


"A gift opens the way for the giver and ushers him into the presence of the great."


In this challenging, but blessed season of singleness, God has taught me what my gifts are. So now, that when my future husband and I come together; I will not only know what my purpose is, but I am walking in it. He (my future husband) is in my purpose!


My next post will be on, "He is in your purpose".


God Bless you. I love you, but Jesus loves you so much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment