Sunday, March 7, 2010

I want my rewards from the Lord!


The enemy has always tried to distract me by looking at what others have been blessed with. He thinks he is so slick; let me tell you I can't stand the devil!!


Anyway, what I love about the Lord so much is that through every storm, every trial; if we pay attention there is a lesson in it that is so much bigger than the storm. One of my dearest sisters in Christ and I often say to each other; "I don't want what God has for you, I want what He has for me". What this simply means is that it's a waste of time looking jealously at what God has blessed with others, since God has promised He himself has good plans for you and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him!


Today, I was thinking about in Matthew when Jesus was teaching about prayer:


"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." Matthew 6:5


Jesus made it clear that although the hypocrites/pharisees were praying to be heard by their many words and babbling on; they received their reward in full. The reward they received was the one they gave themselves, by thinking so high of themselves and wanting to be heard, they were indeed heard and I'm sure many that heard them praised them for their eloquent prayers. This was their reward.


Now, I don't know about you, but I desire my rewards from the Lord; I pray that you do to! Yes it does feel great when others celebrate our success, encourage us, and share with us how they have seen the Lord working in and through us. However, we have to be careful to not steal the Lord's glory or to look at what others have and covet it. I think that this is nothing but a trick from that ole' devil, to once again distract us from what really matters. We are here on this earth but for a moment compared to eternity. Let's receive the Lords reward and not this world.


I'm convinced that if God were to show us from the jump, all that He wants to do through us and how He will bless us, not only would we be overwhelmed but we may not even be able to conceive it all! That's how amazing God is! He will reward those, who diligently seek Him.


The greatest reward ANY of us could ever receive is Jesus Christ, for He laid down His life for our sins, so that if we believe in him and repent of our sins; we could have eternal life. My brother, my sister, I pray that you have received this great reward. If you have not, now is a greater time than ever.

God bless you!


I love you, but Jesus loves you so much more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment