Monday, February 8, 2010

Trust Him



I want to share with you what I am learning in my single and actively waiting season:


We must TRUST HIM. God has spoken so clear to me what I must do right now; to Trust Him, to Clean House (spiritually), and to Help Others. Although these past few months have been the most difficult for me ever, I have experienced God’s love and His faithfulness like never before. No matter what things look OR feel like to me, He is God, Great God, and Wonderful God! It is my prayer that I am an example of God’s faithfulness and love to someone. I pray that during this season, for whatever time remains, that God gets the glory (I know He will). Trust is something we may use lightly with our words, but to really trust God is to surrender to Him completely all of your heart, mind and soul; all of your desires, hopes and dreams. Now there is a difference between surrendering these to God and giving them up. God does not want us to give up on our hopes, desires and dreams, but to trust in Him and not in those things because we never want to put those things before Him.


I think about Abraham, Moses, even Jesus. Abraham was already old when God promised Him a son and had to wait years after God promised Him (I believe 10), Moses was 80 years old when God raised Him up. Jesus lived for 30 years for a 3 year ministry (the most powerful ministry). I’m sure there were times that were hard for them and they wondered when and how will God bring His promises to past. However, they did what they were told to do. And even when Abraham and Sarah tried to "help" God when He did not even need help and had a son through Hagar, God still blessed them with the promise HE gave them.


And what about Joseph, Job and Hannah; Joseph had been given a dream from God that He was very excited about. That dream came to pass AFTER he was betrayed by his brothers, kidnapped, sold into slavery and worked as a slave for years, Job- enough said! And dear sweet Hannah prayed so hard and so much, that she was accused of being drunk!

They trusted in GOD not in the promise or the dreams. They knew that only He could do it and they trusted Him and stayed with Him. They could have easily said "Forget this, this is not the life I wanted, I’m outta here". But, they did things His way, and because of that they were blessed.
Everyone is waiting on something and its easy to become anxious or weary, but the word of God says to do neither. God really cares for the things that burden us or that we are concerned about; what a privilege to cast all our cares upon Him.
No matter what it looks like or feels like, I am making a decision to trust Him.

Romans 8:24-25
We are saved by trusting. And trusting means looking forward to getting something we don't yet have - for a man who already has something doesn't need to hope and trust that he will get it. But if we must keep trusting God for something that hasn't happened yet, it teaches us to wait patiently and confidently.

Hebrews 10:35-38
Do not let this happy trust in the Lord die away, no matter what happens. Remember your reward! You need to keep on patiently doing God's will if you want Him to do for you all that He has promised. His coming will not be delayed much longer. And those whose faith has made them good in God's sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. Otherwise, if they shrink back, God will have no pleasure in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment