Monday, February 15, 2010

How have I put my singleness to work for Christ?


Marriage is beautiful and a gift from God, it is a ministry and I look forward to walking in it one day. With that being said, I have a question for you and myself?


How have you put your singleness to work? How have you served the Lord and dedicated your time, treasure, and talent to Him? He gave it to us, it's not for us to keep! It's for the body!


1 Corinthians 7:32-35 says that (paraphrased) an unmarried man or woman is concerned about the Lord's affairs- how he or she can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about how he can please his wife and a married woman how she can please her husband.


Our days on this earth are numbered and instead of sitting around and waiting for a woman (brothers) or a man (sisters) to come around; God desires us to serve, volunteer, witness, help others with joy (Ecclesiastes 3)! Remember there is a season and a time for every activity under the sun.


While in this season of singleness, I want to encourage you as I encourage to myself to major on being a servant; God's got everything else covered (Matthew 6:33 and Psalm 37:4). Our part of these two passages are what I like to call the "What Lynnea Should be Doing (WLSD) part" lol. Your can replace your first initial with the L.


Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." The WLSD part is to seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, HE will do the rest.


Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your rightousness shine lie the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. " The WLSD part is to Delight in HIM and to COMMIT your way to HIM, trust HIM!


Joshua 1:8 " Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." The WLSD part is to Meditate on that word; the word of God day and night! Aint it sweeter than maple syruuuup! lol (inside joke).


I don't know about you, but I don't want to have regrets from my season of singleness. I don't want to say; "oh I wish I would have done this more, wish I would have served more". Be encouraged and live your life for God both in your season of singleness and then marriage. Focus and appreciate what God is doing now. And have faith for Him to grant you your heart's desire, while you are a servant for Him!!


God is Love,


Lynnea

No comments:

Post a Comment