Sunday, February 7, 2010

What are you learning while God has you waiting?


My dear friend/sister e-mailed me this question from a TD Jakes sermon: "What are you learning, while God has you waiting". I found this question interesting, because everyone is waiting for something.




One of my favorite Psalms is Psalm 27. Psalm 27:13-14 says, "I am still confident of this; I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living". "Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord". Notice Wait for the Lord is said twice in the same verse; not wait for the promise or wait on that prayer to be answered, but Wait on the Lord.




Sometimes, I have only had to wait seconds, minutes, or weeks. However, it is the prayers and promises of God that I have had to wait on Him months and even years to see the manifestation of Gods promises and am still waiting. It is NOT always easy and sometimes I get very weary and even frustrated. However, I become frustrated when I take my eyes off God and put them on the thing I am waiting to come to past.



I am learning, when it comes to waiting on the Lord for His promises to manifest in our lives; TRUST is the key. Throughout scripture we are told to trust the Lord, but so often our actions show that we don't. It is a process and I thank God that even when we mess up or strike out, He gives us another chance to trust Him!


I'm thankful that He does not just give our promise to us away to someone else because we became weary or tried to bring the promise to past ourself. He is faithful and He cares about the circumstances and things that burden our heart (Psalm 55:22).




When we are waiting for God's promises to manifest, God has to lead us (Proverbs 3:5,6). Abraham, in my opionion the greatest example of faith in God's promises, trusted God. We could learn a lot from Him. God gave Abraham a promise to bless him and his offspring forever(Genesis 13:15-16). God told Abraham that as many stars were in the sky, so his descedants would be (Genesis 15:5). Now, Abraham was over 75 years old when this promise was given to him and he did not know how God was going to do it or even when; what He did know is that He had a promise from God.


I'm sure Abraham would think to himself that this did not make sense in his natural mind, I'm sure sometimes he felt weary in his waiting. But what did he do? He TRUSTED God and I know this is the very same thing that God wants us to do. To the natural eye, the promise God gave seemed impossible, but we know that nothing is impossible for God (except failing).


I want to encourage you to stand on Matthew 6:33, always seek the Lord, He is right there with open arms wanting you to look to Him, He has not forgotten you. Trust Him, He knows what's best. He has promised never to leave you or forsake you, never to put more on you that you can bear, He has promised to never withhold anything that is good for you from you.


Pastor Dale O'shields teaches from the word of God that; "Trust is proof of faith in God, trust enables us to obey Him, trust will make our prayer life more effective, trust frees us from anxiety and fear, trust changes our attitudes, trust is a pre-requosite of worship, trust is a sign of wisdom.


I have learned and am learning more each day that we must Trust Him, because He has told us to, but also because we can. Our God does not lie. His promises will not return to us void. He will give us the strength!!


I want to pray with you:

"Father God, I praise you for being God and God alone. I thank you for your love and everything that you are to me. What an honor, what a priveledge it is to know you and to learn more about your wonderful ways. You are indeed a great God and I love you so. Lord, I lift up in pryaer all those who are waiting for something today, no matter how long they have waited. I pray that you strengthen them and that they seek you first at all times, and you have promised that all these things shall be added unto them. Help us Father, not to look to things or circumstances and look for them to change, but to look to you and know that you are able to do exceedingly and abundantly beyond what we ask or think. Lord, we cry out to you because sometimes it just seems unbearable and we do not understand. But Lord, help us to trust in you with all of our heart and to not lean unto our understanding. Help us to acknowlede you first, so that you can direct our paths. Oh Lord, let our delight be in you and not in man or things and you have promised when we do this, that you will give us the desires of our heart. We want to lay up for ourselves treasures in heaven and not on this earth. Father, we thank you that we will see your goodness even in this land of the living and that the appropriate time we will reap a harvest if we faint not. Have your way Lord, we want to trust you and take you at your word! Thank you for all that you have done and are doing in and around our lives. Let us serve you and help others, while we are waiting and to give to others, as you have so freely given to us. We love you, we worship you and we adore you. We give every burden, every desire and every promise to you and will wait on you and trust you to do exactly what you said you would do for us. We are excited about your plans to prosper us and not harm us plans to give us a hope and a future! To you be all the glory for the great things you have done. We love you, we need you and we praise your Holy name! In Jesus precious name we pray, Amen".

No comments:

Post a Comment